Border Security is Essential!
We must adopt a comprehensive approach to border security
We firmly believe that addressing the challenges posed by our outdated and dysfunctional immigration system is necessary alongside enhancing border security.
To achieve this, we need an all-encompassing border-security strategy:
- Strategic Placement of Barriers: Implementing barriers in strategic locations to effectively control the flow of unauthorized crossings.
- Modernized Technology and Infrastructure: Upgrading our technological capabilities and infrastructure to bolster surveillance, detection, and response mechanisms at the border.
- Augmented Personnel: Increasing the number of well-trained personnel dedicated to border security while also improving retention rates to ensure a strong and capable workforce.
- Offshore Protection Opportunities: Facilitating opportunities for individuals to seek protection outside the United States, alleviating overcrowding at our borders.
- Strengthened Asylum System: Hiring additional immigration judges and asylum officers, and implementing a "last-in-first-out" approach during migration surges to guarantee timely and thorough consideration of asylum claims, discouraging frivolous or baseless applications.
- Expanded Legal Pathways: Expanding legal pathways for migration and streamlining existing ones to provide migrants with viable alternatives to seeking asylum.
By adopting such a comprehensive border-security strategy, our federal government can concentrate on safeguarding the safety, security, and order of our nation by effectively addressing risks to national security and upholding the rule of law.